Welcome to the FBWN
Our Member of the Month for August 2016 is Cath Brearley.
To let you know a bit more about Cath, Maggie asked her some questions about herself:
- Who is your hero/heroine? It has to be my mum! She is an amazing lady and has guided me into the person I am today.
- Favourite music? A difficult one. I don't have a favourite but music tastes range from Mozart to Metallica, Gypsy Jazz to Blues.
- What was the defining moment for you in your business? I haven't really been going long enough to have a defining moment but I suppose it would be the moment I stopped panicking about if I was doing the right thing!!
- What's been your biggest milestone so far? I don't think I've really ever set myself any milestones, that way you don't get disappointed if you don't reach them. I'm a live 'day to day, kind of girl'! Saying that, I'm proud of myself that I have got to where I am today, on my own.
- Best holiday you've ever had? Back packing across Botswana with my dad. He goes out there regularly to record the traditional music of the bushmen, so i had an expert guide. Amazing experience that I remember like it was yesterday, not 23yrs ago!!
- What is your hidden talent? Playing the violin and singing at the same time whilst balancing on a ball! Ok,maybe not, but I do play the violin! I could try the above though and fail miserably on Britains got Talent, for a laugh!
To read all about previous Members of the Month Click Here
The Forest Business Women's Network is a network of both fledgling and established companies within and around the Forest of Dean. Set up to provide support and a point of contact, our aim is to promote the professionalism and increase the stature of women in business in the area.
We meet once a month for a morning meeting. This provides a framework for sharing experiences and the potential for meeting new clients and forging strong business links. Each member is invited to give a short introduction on the products and services their company offers, thus providing a platform for promoting their business. We welcome guests who wish to come along and see if they feel that the FBWN will be of benefit to them.
If you would like additional information or advice please contact FBWN's Secretary, Maggie Mortimer by email or by phoning 01594 542578 or complete our Contact Form.
Our Next Meeting : 21st July 2016
We meet at The Pavilion, Forest Holidays Forest of Dean, Bracelands Dr, Christchurch, Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16 7NN
Date : Thursday, 21st July 2016
Main Event : 09:00 - 11:00
This month the speaker will be Wendy Guilfoyle who will be giving a talk on 'How to Manage Stress'.
Guests are welcome - £9.00 per meeting until you join.